Thank you for using a PENTAX KP digital camera.
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.10 for PENTAX KP.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
· Optimized performance when attaching new lens HD PENTAX-D FA*50mmF1.4 SDM AW.
· Improved stability for general performance.
· Only PENTAX KP users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX KP
kp_v110.zip (zip type 9,117 Kbytes)
Updated firmware file
For Mac and windows : zip type
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
 Turn ON the camera.
 Press MENU button to display MENU screen.
 Press the four-way controller right to display [Set-up 5] menu screen.
 Select [Firmware Info/Options] in the [Set-up 5] menu then press the four-way controller right.
The firmware version for camera is displayed on the [Firmware Info/Options] screen.
· Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
· USB cable 3.0 (micro B)
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
· SD card reader or a computer with a SD card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
· Fully charged battery (D-LI109)
*Be sure to use fully charged battery (D-LI109)
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
· For Windows/Macintosh : kp_v110.zip 9,117 Kbytes, zip type
1. Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
•Fwdc232b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy the above Firmware file [Fwdc232b.bin] to the root directory in the SD card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
2. Insert the D-LI109 battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
3. Insert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera and close card cover.
4. Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button.
5. "Updates the camera firmware" appears in the LCD monitor.
Ver: 1.00→1.10 will be displayed.
6. Press the four-way controller to select "Start" and press the "OK" button.
7. "NOW LOADING" appears on the LCD monitor and updating starts.
Please do not under any circumstances switch off the power before the update is completed.
8. When update is completed, the "COMPLETE" will be displayed at the left bottom of the LCD monitor, then turn the camera off.
9. Remove the update SD card from the camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
1. This software may only be used by users who own the PENTAX KP
2. This software is covered by a software license agreement. Please read the software license agreement before downloading the software.
3. You will have agreed with this software license agreement when the download starts.
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.
1. Definition of terms
o Licensed software: "Licensed software" means the captioned program in a format that the user can download from the RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD website or from a site empowered by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
o Use : "Use" means the user downloading and retrieving the licensed software from the RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD website or from a site empowered by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD .
o Designated machine: "Designated machine" means the single computer system set up in order for the user to use the licensed software.
o Reproduction: "Reproduction" means reproducing the licensed software on a storage device in the same format as the user downloaded or a different format.
o Modification: "Modification" means performing alternations or making additions to the licensed software, or creating separate software that makes use of all or a portion of the licensed software.
2. Grant of license
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD grants a non-exclusive license to the user on the condition that the user uses the licensed software in accordance with the terms and conditions of this software license agreement. The user may only use the licensed software on the designated machine.
3. Reproduction of the licensed software
The user shall not reproduce the licensed software for purposes other than to save and backup the licensed software intended for use on the designated machine.
4. Modifying the licensed software
The user shall not modify or reverse engineer the licensed software for any reason.
5. Property rights and copyright
The copyright and other property rights for the licensed software and for reproductions of the licensed software belong to RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD regardless of any reason. The user shall not remove the copyright notations from the licensed software or from reproductions of the licensed software.
6. Grant of sublicense
The user shall not transfer possession of the licensed software or reproductions of the licensed software to third parties, and the user shall not transfer the license nor grant a sublicense of the licensed software to third parties.
7. Agreement period
This software license agreement is effective on the day the user starts using the licensed software and is valid until the time the user stops use. Provided that, when the user has violated any portion of this software license agreement, RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD may revoke the license granted to the user for the licensed software and terminate the software license agreement.
8. Obligations after termination
After the software license agreement is terminated, the user, at the user's own responsibility, shall dispose of the licensed software after rendering it into a state where it cannot be used by third parties, and dispose of reproductions and modifications of the licensed software, and all materials related to the licensed software.
9. Guarantee of the licensed software
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD shall not guarantee that the licensed software is suitable for the user's designated purposes, or that the licensed software is useful, or that this licensed software is free from defects, nor shall RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD make any other guarantees related to the licensed software.
10. Exporting the licensed software
The user shall not directly or indirectly export all or a portion of the licensed software without obtaining the necessary permission from the Government of Japan or the governments of the relevant countries.
11. RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD's responsibilities
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD A assumes no responsibility under any circumstance for direct or indirect damage or damage from ripple effects that occurs from using the licensed software, for damage to data, programs, or other intangible properties, or for loss of usage benefits and lost profits.
12. Responsibility for employees
The user assumes all responsibility that the user's employees (those employees that the user has a responsibility to manage or monitor based on an employment relationship) fully comprehend the obligations set forth in this software license agreement and faithfully fulfill those obligations.