We are glad to announce a new firmware has been released for any PENTAX user shooting with the new Pentax K-1 II. To download the file please click on the following link down below.
Changes to V1.02
- Improved stability for general performance.
- Only PENTAX K-1 Mark II users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX K-1 Mark II
|Name||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX K-1 Mark II|
|Registered name||k1II_v102.zip (zip type 8,941 Kbytes)|
|Applied product||PENTAX K1 Mark II
To check the version number, press the menu button and select [Firmware Info/Options] in the [Set-up 4] menu then press the four-way controller right.
|Updated firmware file||For Mac and windows : zip type|
|Copy right||RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.|
How to check version
-  Turn ON the camera.
-  Press MENU button to display MENU screen.
-  Press the four-way controller right to display [Set-up 4] menu screen.
-  Select [Firmware Info/Options] in the [Set-up 4] menu then press the four-way controller right.
The firmware version for camera is displayed on the [Firmware Info/Options] screen.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable 2.0)
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD card reader or a computer with a SD card slot.
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD card using a memory card reader / writer.
- Fully charged battery (D-LI90)
*Be sure to use fully charged battery (D-LI90)
If the camera turns off during updating due to lack of battery power, the camera will become inoperable. If this happens, a charge will be made for repairs even if within the warranty period.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows/Macintosh : k1II_v102.zip 8,941Kbytes, zip type
- Provide a formatted SD memory card for the update software.
The download file is self-extracting. The following file is extracted.
Fwdc240b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy the above Firmware file [fwdc240b.bin] to the root directory in the SD card.
If your computer does not have a card slot, you can copy the firmware update file by inserting the SD card into your camera and then connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- Insert the D-LI90 battery into the camera and confirm the battery is full by battery level indicator then turn the camera off.
- nsert the update SD card (prepared in step 1) into the camera (slot 1) and close card cover.
- Turn the camera power on while pressing the MENU button.
- "Updates the camera firmware" appears in the LCD monitor.
Ver: 1.01→1.02 will be displayed.
- Press the four-way controller to select "Start" and press the "OK" button.
- "NOW LOADING" appears on the LCD monitor and updating starts.
Please do not under any circumstances switch off the power before the update is completed.
- When update is completed, the "COMPLETE" will be displayed at the left bottom of the LCD monitor, then turn the camera off.
- Remove the update SD card from the camera.
*Confirm the version of firmware with above [How to check version].
When updating is finished, the update SD card still contains the Firmware file.
If you want to use this card to take pictures, format the card by the camera to delete firmware file first.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for PENTAX K-1 Mark II Software License Agreement
The customer (hereinafter "the user") shall verify the following items below related to the use of the licensed software supplied to the user by RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. The download starts when you press "I agree. Start download." on this software license agreement.