- HD Coating to enhance imaging power
- After a thorough review of the lens coatings applied to the popular smc PENTAX-FA35mm F2AL, PENTAX applied the latest HD Coating* to this lens. Compared to conventional multi-layer coatings, this high-performance, multi-layer coating reduces average reflectance and improves light transmittance to deliver extra-clear, high-contrast images free of flare and ghost images, even in demanding lighting conditions such as backlighting.
* HD stands for High Definition.
SP Coating to repel stains
- Applied to the lens’s front surface, the SP (Super Protect) Coating is highly repellent to water and grease, making it easy to wipe off any stains. This frees the photographer from worries in outdoor photography.
New exterior design to match latest digital SLR models
- While retaining the overall size of the original smc PENTAX-FA35mmF2AL, this lens features a totally new exterior design, similar to that of the latest DA- and D FA-series lenses. This new appearance makes this single-focus lens a perfect partner for latest K-series digital SLR models. Since this lens retains the aperture ring, it also accommodates many of the functions provided by film-format SLR cameras and older K-mount digital SLR models, making it possible to enjoy photography using a greater range of cameras.
Easy-to-use standard lens
- When mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this lens provides a moderately wide 35mm angle of view with a full-frame model, or a standard 53.5mm angle of view with an APS-C-format model. Since it provides a natural perspective similar to that of the naked eye, it can be used as a multi-purpose standard lens in a wide range of applications, including snapshooting, scenic photography and portraiture. It also features a minimum focusing distance of 0.3 meters.
Compact, portable design
- Weighing approximately 193 grams and measuring a mere 44.5 millimeters in length, this lens has been designed to be extremely compact and highly portable for carefree photography at any location and on every occasion.
Hybrid aspherical optical elements
- The lens incorporates hybrid aspherical optical elements to effectively compensate for various aberrations. Thanks to these elements, it delivers extra-clear, high-contrast images from the minimum focusing distance to infinity, and edge-to-edge sharpness even at open aperture.